When I was planning my wedding, one of the hardest decisions was choosing a bridal party. There were so many people I wanted to be in the bridal party, but I couldn't due to financial reasons. While it was an incredibly hard decision, I knew there were ways to involve my other friends/family members in my wedding day. Since I have seen my share of great ideas of how other brides and grooms have included their friends/family in their wedding day that were not in their bridal party, I wanted to share!
- Have them dress in the same color as your bridesmaids or wedding theme colors. Make sure to take a picture with them throughout the day as a keepsake. You could also gift them with this picture in a frame after the wedding.
- Present them with a small bouquet/boutonniere. Attach a pendant to the bouquets to let them know how much they mean to you.
- Have them read a poem or reading at the ceremony. Make sure that they are comfortable with speaking in public first!
- Have them carry up the gifts if you are having a full church wedding.
- Have them hand out the programs to guests arriving at ceremony.
- Give them cameras to capture the day from their point of view. You could use polaroid cameras, disposable cameras, or maybe even flip ca
I hope this helps reduce the stress of choosing a bridal party. If you have any other great ideas, I would love to hear them in the comments!