Happy New Year! I wanted to start 2013 on an even better note by posting my goals to the world (maybe a bit excessive, but at least to the people who read my blog). "There is no such thing as a self-made man. You will reach your goals only with the help of others." ~ George Shin. By publishing my goals to you, you can help keep me real! Personal Goals:
- Learn German. Mathias' first language is German. I would love to be able to visit Austria and actually be able to have a full conversation with my in-laws. It will also be nice to not have everything translated by Mathias.
- Lose those 10lbs 15lbs that I gained in 2012 and maintain it! Next two goals will help with it.
- Work out a minimum of 3x per week for at least 20 minutes in the morning. Oh goodness gracious, this year was a tough one in finding time to work out. You can only find time if you make it a priority! With 2013 lined up to be an awesomely busy year, I want to make sure I am mentally and physically healthy for it. Working out in the morning will wake my brain up and give me plenty of energy for the rest of the day!
- Make home-made, healthy meals 3x per week. Mathias and I live in a city that never sleeps and we resort to takeout way too often. Maybe I will sign up for organic produce delivery again to help with this?
- Shut off TV and Computers for dinners at home. Mathias and I definitely need this time to catch up on how our days went.
- Gamble $100 in Vegas. I don't think I have ever gambled more then $20 in my life and after winning Texas Hold'em 3 times in a row on New Years Eve, I figured it would be worth a shot.
- Find a bigger place to live. Mathias and I tried to buy a condo in 2012, but everything fell through when we found out the condo was in litigation and we couldn't get the mortgage we were looking for. This left us in our tiny, one bedroom apartment for another year. We love having guests and I would love to have an office, so finding a bigger place to live is key!
- Go to church more often. Since I moved to New Jersey, I haven't been attending church as often as I said I would. Bad me! I want to rekindle my relationship with the church community and god. If I can get Mathias to go with me, then even better! (hoping Mathias reads this :) )
- Bowl over 100.
- Save more! I shop and eat out... a lot. Mathias is such a good saver and I strive to be like him. By setting a budget, eating at home more and staying out of the malls, I can totally do this.
- Blog at least 2x per week. There are so many things that I want to share with all of you and 2013 is when I will make this happen.
- Shoot 15 weddings in 2013. Currently, I have 10 amazing weddings lined up for 2013. The glass is half full!
- Speed up my post wedding workflow. I hope to do this with some techniques I can learn from some creativeLIVE courses as well as some new tools/software. I just need to find the right things that will help me do this!
- Enhance Photoshop skills. I would love to be able to design some printed pieces for my business in Photoshop. Learning more about layers, adding text and cool designs to images will be a huge help!
- Become a Speedlight guru. I want to know the ins and outs of speedlights, modifiers and pocket wizards to help me get the perfect settings for any lighting situation.
Below are some pictures of how we spent our New Years Eve in Austria.